The Online Instructor’s role typically involves offering private tuition to students of all ages both at personal or group level. This will be done mostly online via our cutting-edge virtual classroom technology or occasionally onsite (this will be few radii from your present location) depending on the learners’ preference. You will have your own equipment (laptop, tablets) if you are delivering lessons online and arrange your own transport if you are working locally onsite. You have the liberty to charge your own rate per hour of your specialist subject area, and this will be available to the public on our website. The following are some of your key responsibilities as OI;
- You must understand the British National Curriculum and that of other accredited national examination bodies.
- You will be responsible for preparing your lesson materials and notes based on item 1 above.
- You will be responsible for the quality, relevancy and accuracy of the lesson materials produced in item 2 above (though we can provide guidance and assistance where necessary).
- You will provide a free 50 minutes welcome session for all new students assigned to you. This is a special gift we give to all our first-time students registering for online lessons.
- For both online and onsite lessons, you will be responsible for booking and confirming students for agreed lessons. This will be done via our appointment portal.
- You will ensure that you respond promptly to students and users’ enquiries.
- You will attend periodic meeting either in person or online.
- You must ensure that you attend to all assigned lessons as lateness or absenteeism is seriously frowned at.
- At all time, you will conduct yourself in a disciplined and professional manner (please refer to our Terms of Usage on Tipping and sexual misconduct).
- You will provide summary reports and feedbacks on your experiences and observations on the lessons’ field.
- You will keep and protect confidential data of Platovon Learning you are permitted access to.
It is not compulsory you hold formal teaching qualifications, but you must meet the following criteria;
You must be at least at the second year in the University or studying towards higher degrees (Masters and PhD) with solid background in any of the following subject area; Biology, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Economics/Business Studies, Music, Computing/Computer Science, Chemistry, Humanities, English Language Literature, Modern Foreign Languages, Geography and Politics.
You must be confident and demonstrate an attitude of continuous learning.
You must be comfortable with using basic office applications and other related learning tools (though training will be provided on this).
The following soft skills are also essential to carry out the job role effectively;
Excellent Communications (speaking, writing and presentation) skills
Good Interpersonal Skills
Excellent Organization and planning skills
Abstract and Pragmatic Problem-solving skills
Conflict resolution skills
You must also have the right to work in the UK.
Please send your CV via this link;
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Radio field Option 1
- Dropdown field Option 1
- Checkbox field Option 1